FINE VIEW OF THE OLD LEIDEN CITY CENTRE
“Gezigt op de Groote Waag den Ryn, en L. vrouwekerk te Leyden” [view of large weigh house, the Rhine and Vrouwekerk in Leiden] copper engraving made in 1763 by Abraham Delfos (1731-1820) after a drawing by Jan de Beijer (1703-1780), published as part of the “Beschryving der stad Leyden, haare gelegenheid, oorsprong, vergrootinge, oude en hedendaagsche gedaante…” [Description of the city of Leiden, its location, origin, enlargements, former and current shape] by Wed. Abraham Honkoop and A. Kallewier. Coloured by a later hand. Size 25,0 × 41,8 cm.
In this beautifully decorated town view, we see the Leiden city center with the Oude Rijn from the Visbrug, on the left the classical Waag building, on the other side the Vrouwekerk (demolished in the first half of the 19th century) and on the right the entrance to the Mare canal.
Price: Euro 750,-